Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Random studio pic of the day

My trusty breadbox 64, painted orange, optimized for music production. Custom retrofitted with dual SIDs, XLR outputs, MSSIAH cartridge with SID2SID board. I added an extra voltage regulator to allow for 6581 and 8580 to run simultaneously on the same machine. Note the 1541 floppy drive (painted blue) peeking out from underneath the table!  

At some point I'll put the filter resonance control back in (that explains the small hole above the keyboard), but I have to find a potentiometer with the right kind of taper. The first one I tried had a response that was so far from linear it just wasn't very useful. Alternatively, I suppose I could adapt it into an external input jack instead :)

The Suncom "Slik Stik" on the right is a vintage joystick that I use with the MSSIAH software in lieu of a mouse. I really need some games for this thing though... I'll get around to that eventually, as soon as I finish my chiptune masterpiece, of course ;) 

Many thanks to Ray at Raymond Computer for hooking me up, and for the excellent manuals he provided also.

No comments:

Post a Comment